Grachev Q&A
Saturday July 18th 2009, 9:25 pm

Alessandro Seren Rosso of Hockey’s Future caught up with New York Rangers prospect Evgeny Grachev at the conclusion of the team’s development camp in late June.  Their conversation, conducted in Russian and translated into English, is available here.

Good find for the NYR, using a late pick for a future star! The Rangers seem to do that more than they draft good first rounders, Jessiman!!!

Comment by Adam 07.19.09 @ 1:31 am

Hi Laurie, I’m sure you saw this news. Let’s keep our fingures crossed but it’s possible that we might see Parshin in N.A. soon rather than… never!!!
    www .sports.ru/hockey/19963844.html

Comment by Kovazub94 07.22.09 @ 11:35 am

That’s the wrong guy. ;) We drafted Mikhail Pashnin. Denis Parshin and Sergei Shirokov have been squabbling with CSKA for most of the summer.

Pashnin still hasn’t signed with CSKA because his old team, Mechel, wouldn’t release him because they thought they deserved a larger transfer fee (kinda ironic, no?) But (as I tweeted last night) the KHL’s head scout was asked about Pashnin’s contract status in an interview that was published yesterday and he said that as far as he knows, the details have been worked out now and he expects him to sign with CSKA soon.

Comment by laurie 07.22.09 @ 5:37 pm

Thank you, Laurie. I kind of started to guess this might be the case because when I was reading the comments there was not a single reference to the Rangers’ drafting him and were referring to him as the last year’s 2nd pair dman for CSKA.
    How many mulligans am I allowed before you sit me at the end of the bench, coach? : )

Comment by Kovazub94 07.23.09 @ 9:35 am

sorry again, I meant 2nd line forward. : )

Comment by Kovazub94 07.23.09 @ 10:00 am

As one of the regulars who has the ability to correct me on my translations, you pretty much get a free pass as long as you promise to do so nicely. ;)

Comment by laurie 07.23.09 @ 12:16 pm

Quote:
    “as long as you promise to do so nicely”…
    I know what you mean – without any Rangers hockey news I noticed a lot of posters are getting very obnoxious against each other fast…

Comment by Kovazub94 07.23.09 @ 1:25 pm