The Hartford Wolf Pack lead twice against the Worcester Sharks on Monday night, but weren’t able to hold on, ultimately dropping game three of their Atlantic Division Semifinal series to the Worcester Sharks in double overtime, 3-2. Worcester captain Ryan Vesce got the game winner at 1:07 of the second overtime period to cut Hartford’s lead in the series to 2-1. Corey Potter scored the game’s first goal and added an assist, while Matt Zaba was once again put to the test, stopping 42 of 45 shots. Dale Weise tallied Hartford’s second goal, his first career playoff goal.
Tommy Pyatt returned to the line-up from a seven game absence following the death of his brother’s fiance earlier this month.
I missed the game in favor of a trip into the city to experience Monday night’s carnage at the World’s Most Schizophrenic Arena, but the basic stats, lines and links are below.
Highlights are available from AHL Live.
1. Potter (1) (Rissmiller, Moore) 14:16 (PP)
1. Cavanagh (1) (Joslin, Armstrong) 18:42
2. Weise (1) (Dupont, Potter) 5:01
2. Vesce (1) (Moore, Armstrong) 6:25
2OT. Vesce (2) (Traverse, Buckley) 1:07
Bell – Rissmiller – Moore
Dupont – Anisimov – Weise
Byers – Ouellette – Owens
Pyatt – McBride – Sugden
Potter – Sanguinetti
Urquhart – Sauer
Nightingale – Fahey
Zaba / Wiikman
1. Ryan Vesce
2. Riley Armstrong
3. Corey Potter
- Worcester Pulls out Double-OT Win over Pack in Game Three, 3-2 (Hartford Wolf Pack)
- Sharks Beat Wolf Pack In Second OT (Hartford Courant)
- Vesce, Sharks nip Wolf Pack in 2nd OT (Worcester Sharks)
- Vesce lifts Sharks in 2OT (Telegram & Gazette)
- Where’s the Power Play? (Howlings)
- Vesce vaults Sharks back into series in double OT (The AHL)
- Sharks Pull One out in Game Three (Hartford Wolf Pack)
No Comments so far
Leave a comment
Leave a comment