Jagr Amongst the KHL’s Players of the Week
Monday October 06th 2008, 10:31 pm

Jaromir Jagr has been named the top forward in the KHL for the week beginning on September 28th. Jagr tallied 3 goals and 4 assists in 3 games for Avangard to earn the accolade. Jagr is currently tied with one-time Ranger draft pick Jan Marek of Metallurg Magnitogorsk for the league lead in goals with ten, while ranking fourth in the league in points, tied with teammate Dmitri Pestunov.

Lada netminder Vasily Koshechkin captured the title of best goaltender for the week, while Ilya Nikulin of AK Bars was named top defenseman. The title of rookie of the week was awarded to forward Vladimir Tarasenko of Sibir.

Filed under: Avangard Omsk, KHL

Go-go Avangard, go-go JJ

Comment by kinaram 10.06.08 @ 11:05 pm

Good for Jaromir! 7 points in 3 games. See what happens when you let him play his game.

Comment by Spooky 10.07.08 @ 2:18 pm

Yep !!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Why...Oh why...Why,why 10.07.08 @ 9:58 pm

Thanks Kovazub, I saw that earlier and just finished translating.

As for the photo, that was comment was tongue-in-cheek. I don’t expect it to turn up on the ‘net anywhere. But it couldn’t hurt to ask, just in case someone who knows someone who knows someone happens to be reading. ;)

Frankly, it’s my own fault for not asking for it when I had the chance… we spoke to them probably a half dozen times over the course of the season, but I never had the guts to ask. ;)

Comment by laurie 10.07.08 @ 10:22 pm

Sorry kz, the first comment got flagged for moderation, the second went straight into the spam filter, so I didn’t see it until I went into clean out the daily spam. It’s the links… the software obviously thinks you’re trying to spam me with links to canadian pharmacies and online dating sites. ;)

You stole my thunder with the Sykora interview link. I was looking forward to posting that one! ;)

Comment by laurie 10.08.08 @ 12:05 am

Oh, please translate Sykora’s interview anyway – there were a lot of prime tidbits for discussion. I’m sure our friends at BB would appreciate his opinions. ; )

As you know I think very highly of the quality of your translations (and subject matters) – that’s why I forward you links if I find anything worthy. Is there another way you’d like me to send these to you?

Comment by Kovazub94 10.08.08 @ 10:27 am

No worries, I’m still going to translate Sykora’s interview — or parts of it anyway. Hopefully tonight — I ran out of time last night. My brain can only handle so much Russian in one night before I start replacing my “r”s with “p”s and by “s”s with “c”s when I type in English. ;)

And thanks (again) for the compliment and by all means feel free to keeping sending along any links you find. You can post them as a comment or email them to laurie (at) beyondtheblueshirts.com (replace the “(at)” with @). If you post here and it doesn’t show up immediately, don’t take it personally, it just means it got caught in the spam filter, I’ll find it eventually!

Comment by laurie 10.08.08 @ 11:13 am

Avangard Omsk is a very lucky team. I wouldn’t expect anything less from my Jaromir. He is my 7 year old daughters Hero and has been mine for many years now. WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great season. LETS GO JAGR!!!!!!!!

Comment by Maria 10.08.08 @ 8:40 pm

I think jagr is the best player in the World!Thats all!!lemieux??just a shooter,in front of goal !thats all!!gretzky?Good in all !thats all!!Can you see what jagr passes??

Comment by geo petre 10.18.08 @ 3:22 pm