I ended up seeing parts of the 3rd period and caught both Ouellette’s second goal and Gratton’s empty-netter. Ouelette’s goal was all Parenteau, he carried it into the zone, around a defender and in on net, then passed it across the crease to Ouellette who was parked at the right side of the net. It deflected off something and popped up in the air and it took Ouellette a couple whacks to get the bouncing puck in the net. Gratton’s goal came off a block by Korpikoski at the top of the circles with San Antonio having pulled the goalie for the extra skater very early (with about 3:53 to go). Korpikoski got the puck and Gratton took off out of the zone, accepted the pass just inside the red line and skated in alone with a San Antonio player chasing but not able to catch him before put it in the empty net. LeNeveu didn’t have a ton of work from what I saw. The 34 – 18 shot advantage for the Pack would seem to suggest a pretty dominant performance. Nice to see LeNeveu and Gratton be named 2 of the 3 stars for the 2nd consecutive game (both against their former team). I was very surprised to see that Montoya didn’t get the start — I’m looking forward to the reasoning behind the decision in the paper tomorrow.
- Portland lost tonight, so the Pack are once again tied with them for 2nd place in the Atlantic, but have 2 games in hands.
- Providence won, and now hold a 9 point lead on both Portland and the Pack. With the win they became the first team in the AHL to clinch a playoff berth. But after they lead the league for the vast majority of the season, they’ve fallen to 2nd behind Chicago. Hartford is 3rd.
- Not surprisingly, with Hutchinson still out, the Pack went 0 for 6 on the power play.
1. Ouellette (6) (Gratton, Owens) 11:10
2. Anisimov (12) (Parenteau, Lee) 11:23
3. Ouellette (7) (Parenteau, Korpikoski) 15:35
3. Gratton (7) (Korpikoski, Moore) 17:09 (EN)
Lines (as best I could tell by the end of the 3rd)
Korpikoski – Moore – Gratton
Pock – Anisimov – Parenteau
Dupont – Ouellette – Jessiman
Owens – Lee
Potter – Constant
Baranka – Taylor
Brown – Sauer
LeNeveu / Wiikman
1. Mike Ouellette
2. Josh Gratton
3. David LeNeveu
No Comments so far
Leave a comment
Leave a comment